- Reduces or eliminates treatments using insecticide, reducing the level of residues on fruit.
- Better selectivity than insecticides, thus preserving fauna beneficial to crops.
- High on site persistence as a result of the capacity of the Amphos-Dacus attractant
- Reduces placement costs (removing from box and hanging). Furthermore, due to its persistence, it does not require any form of maintenance throughout the year.
- No handling of attractant and insecticide required.
- Very efficient for continuously cultivated olive crops.
- Trapping during periods of the year when no chemical treatments are performed, contributing to a reduction in the level of the general population.
Components and supply:
The Amphos-Dacus Conetrap pack is sold in boxes of 20 pre-assembled units, containing:
Probodelt also provides a service for mass trapping with the Amphos-Dacus Conetrap pack: placement of the traps on site at the appropriate time and place, and in the most suitable density.
Use and placement:
- For the placement of the Amphos-Dacus Conetrap, it is recommended to use a variable trap density depending on the continuous surface area of the crop where the system is to be used.
- 2-10 ha ….35-50 traps/ha. ..
- 10-200 ha…. 20-35 traps/ha.
- >200 ha……10-20 traps/ha.
- Place the the pack on site during June or July.
- Hang on olive tree at a medium height on the southeast side, where there are plenty of leaves so that the trap can be partially hidden among them.
- Fasten the fly trap cover when it has been passed over the branch.
- Monitor the flight of the fly at some of the traps to evaluate whether further treatment will be required in September and October.
- Leave the fly traps on site until the following year. Although trapping levels may be lower than the previous year, the performance does not drop completely.
- The fly trap is sold in boxes of 50 units
- In the case of any queries, contact the technicians at PROBODELT.